Collapse

Clublink Corner

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trebor View Post

With all due respect, as a member at Glencairn, I am very pleased that we encourage rounds to be played in a timely manner. We have 3 nines that are all walkable, and can easily be played under 4 hours. Yes, it may disturb some visitors to the facility, to be pushed when on course, but I take that as a compliment to our on course marshalling (as long as they are polite). It is nice that we have on-course help - too many courses abdicate this to the golfers to deal with poor pace-of-play.
    There are too many Clublink courses in the GTA that have rounds typically well over 4-1/2 hours, which does not make it enjoyable for anyone. Glen Abbey usually is a fairly quick front nine, while the back can be a disaster time-wise.....getting to the 11th valley hole with 3-5 groups on the hole either on tee or on course. Country Club can be quick or VERY slow with minimal on-course help. And many east side GTA courses can be very slow, again with minimal on-course support.
    Fantastic news
    Just wish they did this everywhere, seems the pace of play at CL is averaging over 4.30 hours
    Been playing Np and with the public play now closer to 5 hours
    Golf should NEVER take long than 3.30 for a foursome

Comment

• Originally posted by KerryBlue View Post

Thanks for the help guys. Would either of you know if The Country Club in Woodbridge has a full range? Its the closest club to me and I'd like to be able to take advantage of the practice facilities included as opposed to say going to Centennial and paying for range use there on top of a CL membership.

I totally disagree. Pros playing with caddies and in threesomes take 5h30. I have seen them in Q-school in California. Us amateurs must play faster than them? NOT. We play our own course in 3h30- 3h45 easy but not a course you seldom play. Its NOT a race, its golf.. live with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by badge56 View Post

I totally disagree. Pros playing with caddies and in threesomes take 5h30. I have seen them in Q-school in California. Us amateurs must play faster than them? NOT. We play our own course in 3h30- 3h45 easy but not a course you seldom play. Its NOT a race, its golf.. live with it.
        Therein is the problem. "Live with it." That's the mantra of entitled people the world over. Amateurs are not playing for millions. You don't need to examine a putt for 7 from three different angles. Just putt it and move on. The extra time the pros take is useful to them. If you are shooting 85 or higher, chances are you aren't going to make great contact anyways, so just hit and move around (any course) with your entitled attitude in under four hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by trebor View Post
          With all due respect, golf in Quebec has nowhere near the popularity that it does in Ontario. Green fees at very nice public courses are at least 50% less than GTA public tracks. Clublink membership fees for the 4 Quebec courses were always well below comparable Ontario courses.
          Clublink never attempted to expand its Quebec footprint - funny that there are more CL courses in Ottawa than all of Quebec.
          As an ex Montrealer, I always loved islesmere and Fountainbleau. Islesmere's original 18 is an old style, tree lined fairway course...albeit with some weird sand in the traps. Fountainbleau is a nice challenging risk-reward course. Val des Lac is the old Cederbrook and has some nice holes, but lacks the investment it would need to make it better for today's golf. Le Maitre.....they could sell this tomorrow. Never liked the course. Better Laurentian courses.
          As a long time Clublink member, I have ceased to wish for more investments in improving existing courses. Most courses are real estate developments in waiting......unfortunately. You can just imagine how much Sahi wishes he owned Board of Trade / Country Club. Simmonds was a golfer. Sahi is a developer.
          There are only 3 golf courses in Ottawa and four in Québec.
          Futhermore, there are 370 golf courses in Québec to Ontario's 822 with 120 private courses. Québec has the second largest number of golf courses after Ontario,

Comment

• Clublink annonces that it wants to developpe Kanata into housing with Richcraft and Minto. What a shame. Hope they fail. Other Cublink news, Jean Leduc the long time pro at Hautes Plaines has quit Clublink and is going to the Rivermead golf club. To much uncertainty and unruly behavior by clublink I guess. Left arm of CL never knows what the right arm is doing at any given time. Getting realy messed up. To bad they have no competition.

Comment

• Playing CC East this morning. Come around to the first tee after starting on 10. Starter is in the hut. We are teeing off and he is talking away on a personal call. My buddy stops, asks him to please stop talking as he is about to hit. Starter pauses then continues on with his call. Doesn’t close the window so we can’t hear him. Doesn’t say “hold on 10 seconds” so we can get on with it. WTF? You are the 1st tee starter and this is what you do?

Now maybe it was an emergency? Nope. He was talking to what sounded like family about plans for later in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                Playing CC East this morning. Come around to the first tee after starting on 10. Starter is in the hut. We are teeing off and he is talking away on a personal call. My buddy stops, asks him to please stop talking as he is about to hit. Starter pauses then continues on with his call. Doesn’t close the window so we can’t hear him. Doesn’t say “hold on 10 seconds” so we can get on with it. WTF? You are the 1st tee starter and this is what you do?

Now maybe it was an emergency? Nope. He was talking to what sounded like family about plans for later in the day.
                brutal, hopefully you spoke to the GM after the round?
                In the Bag

Driver: Epic Flash Sub Zero - Accra FX-260
                Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 - Tensei CK Orange
                Hybrid:Mizuno JPX 900 - Accra FX-200H
                Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tours - KBS C-Taper
                Wedges: Mizuno S7 Blu-ion - 49*, 53.5*, 59* - DG Spinner
                Putter:Bobby Grace Smart Fit F18
                Ball: Bx or Z-Star XV
                --------
                Home Course - Clublink

Comment

• Originally posted by Gridiron View Post
                  Playing CC East this morning. Come around to the first tee after starting on 10. Starter is in the hut. We are teeing off and he is talking away on a personal call. My buddy stops, asks him to please stop talking as he is about to hit. Starter pauses then continues on with his call. Doesn’t close the window so we can’t hear him. Doesn’t say “hold on 10 seconds” so we can get on with it. WTF? You are the 1st tee starter and this is what you do?

Was there past Wednesday and starter seem not to be interested in asking me when my tee time was when I greeted him, he was on his phone not sure texting or reading something. Not sure if it's the same starter but was not impressed.

Comment

• Just wondering how others think of Le Maitre at mont Tremblant. Lets say compare to muskoka area courses. I'm thinking of taking a road trip up muskoka and play all three courses there( have played it before) or to Ottawa and possibly Tremblant to play courses there. Is it worth the extra 4-5hour of drive?

Comment

• I have not played the Muskoka courses this year. (1-5 (5 is top condition) / Ottawa area courses: Kanata 3, Grayhawk 3.5, Eagle Creek 2, Hautes Plaines 5. / Montréal: Islesmere (not played but was told bad shape). Le Maitre 3, Rosemère 5, Val des Lacs 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbim View Post
                        Just wondering how others think of Le Maitre at mont Tremblant. Lets say compare to muskoka area courses. I'm thinking of taking a road trip up muskoka and play all three courses there( have played it before) or to Ottawa and possibly Tremblant to play courses there. Is it worth the extra 4-5hour of drive?
                        Never a fan of Le Maitre. The routing is boring at best. There are many other courses in the Laurentiens that are more challenging, but they will cost you, unlike CL courses for members. And call ahead and ask about greens. I much prefer Islesmere and Le Fontainbleau, if you want CL tracks. Get your club pro to make your times if you are planning a trip.
                        No good deed goes unpunished.
                        A birdie is usually followed by

Comment

• Fontainebleau is now called Rosemère. Its my personal favorite CL course.

Comment

• First group out at DB this morning. Course is in spectacular shape and greens were smooth and true. Green speed was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteWalker View Post
                              First group out at DB this morning. Course is in spectacular shape and greens were smooth and true. Green speed was good.
                              Glad to see theyre recovering. Still always smells there lol.

I think EH is the only CL track that is suffering this year still

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbim View Post
                                Just wondering how others think of Le Maitre at mont Tremblant. Lets say compare to muskoka area courses. I'm thinking of taking a road trip up muskoka and play all three courses there( have played it before) or to Ottawa and possibly Tremblant to play courses there. Is it worth the extra 4-5hour of drive?
                                It has been a few years so my input is a bit dated. I do recall It's okay, decent course. I enjoyed Le Diable better but need to pay the green fee, not part of CL.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X