Clear All

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
    Economy genius at work...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	278
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2968311
    Donald whose daddy gave him millions,NY banks who gave him billions,never having to pay any of it back,has never suffered personal financial pain.He remained in his gold laden tower,his groomed golf course resorts,and moved on to his next fantasy.Why would he care who or what is affected.Its just a game for him with no personal repercussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManFromMoffat View Post
      Some Rump supporters, in a nutshell:

Views:	286
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2968289

One reply in the thread: "Sounds about white."
      To be fair, this could be an ESL issue.

The acceptable term(s) for people of colour has changed a number of times over the years.

There's a chance things haven't moved at the same pace in Switzerland.

I know I don't know the right (or wrong) word (or words) in Swiss German. If asked in French, I would be speaking in terms I learned in school 45 years ago. They may have become offensive over that time.

I just wouldn't read a whole lot into that.

I didn't see any context, so I don't know why he was interviewing a "Trump voter" with a German accent in Switzerland. Is she an American?
      "Confusion" will be my epitaph
      ...Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellyhungry View Post
        Economy genius at work...

Views:	278
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2968311
        Winning.
        WITB: clubs, balls, tees, Advil and a candlestick (just in case)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

The acceptable term(s) for people of colour has changed a number of times over the years.

I know I don't know the right (or wrong) word (or words) in Swiss German. If asked in French, I would be speaking in terms I learned in school 45 years ago. They may have become offensive over that time.

I didn't see any context, so I don't know why he was interviewing a "Trump voter" with a German accent in Switzerland. Is she an American?
          All good points.

However, the underlying message should not be missed. That is, Trump et al touting that 'black' unemployment is down has echoes of "I have a friend who is black.." to demonstrate that he is not a racist (which, in the final analysis, he is).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

Yes, did Wiki it and particularly in Europe, the use and meaning can vary. Re: "Trump (sic) voter", was wondering that as well.

Comment

Yes, did Wiki it and particularly in Europe, the use and meaning can vary. Re: "Trump (sic) voter", was wondering that as well.
              After posting, I googled a little more and was reminded that Dr. Martin Luther King used the word "negro" some 13 times in his "Dream" speech.

The other semi-interesting thing I found is that the United Negro College Fund still exists and continues under that name, although they've changed all their branding to UNCF. They're the group with the brilliant slogan "A mind is a terrible thing to waste".

Times change.
              "Confusion" will be my epitaph
              ...Iggy

Comment

• Now McGhan is being attacked. I suppose it has to do with the news that McGhan refused to go public that Trump did not obstruct justice.

McGhan was the WH lawyer, not his personal lawyer.

Let's hope this moron of a president continue to trip over himself.

Views:	215
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2968601

Comment

• And more moronic rambling after China not playing his game.

Views:	215
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2968603

Comment

• The relationship between the U.S. and Iran is rapidly deteriorating. USS Abraham Lincoln passed through the Suez Canal en route to the mid east.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanAvery2point0 View Post
                      The relationship between the U.S. and Iran is rapidly deteriorating. USS Abraham Lincoln passed through the Suez Canal en route to the mid east.
                      Until Vlad Putin tells Donald to knock it off like he did with Venezuela.

Last edited by Par90; May 12, 2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Par90 View Post

Until Vlad Putin tells Donald to call it off like he did with Venezuela.

The policies of this administration haven't really benefitted the Russians...

Comment

We don't know....Donald doesn't let anyone in on conversations with Vlad.....and remember Helsinki...Vlad-1..US Intel-0

Comment

Everything's relative. Any administration (and legislative bodies - see McConnell, Graham, etc.) that wasn't in the pocket of the Russians would have sanctioned them into the stone age.

Comment

Everything's relative. Any administration (and legislative bodies - see McConnell, Graham, etc.) that wasn't in the pocket of the Russians would have sanctioned them into the stone age.

In an interview with Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, President Donald Trump appeared to be saying that the U.S. is in no position to criticize the behavior of t...

Comment

• The frequency of meltdown appears to be accelerating.

Seems like the wheel is coming off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	82.8 KB ID:	2969003

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	84.2 KB ID:	2969004

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X