Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golfninja View Post

Well, I'm pretty certain I've posted none of that but most wouldn't know because they admit to not reading what I write anyways- as I've said before ignorance is bliss.
    You must be very happy then!
    "Confusion" will be my epitaph
    ...Iggy

Comment

• Here you go, more fake news so just keep scrolling if you don't want to know what's happening in Israel

Almost 80% of adults fully vaxxed, some have boosters, cases surging with 90% of new infections over 50. I'm not liking the prospects of attaining herd immunity here anytime soon if this is happening in a country with similar vaxxed levels. No mention of the hospitalizations in terms of vaxxed or unvaxxed or kids. I'm guessing they'll make boosters available for the over 50 crowd shortly but we'll see I guess. Sure does look like vaccine immunity is waning over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignatius Reilly View Post

You must be very happy then!
        I'm happy with many things in life, but so much uncertainty with covid and vaccines, all this stuff is depressing, fascinating and scary all at the same time

Comment

• For those questioning the effectiveness of public health interventions. The conclusions from a study posted by StatsCanada.

In 2011 life expectancy at birth in Canada was 81.7 years. From 1921 to 2011, life expectancy at birth increased from 57.1 to 81.7, a gain of 24.6 years.

From 1921 to 1950, several major advances in public health took place. Two noteworthy examples are childhood immunization against infectious diseases, and life-altering scientific discoveries such as penicillin and insulin. Other major developments with significant impacts on the population health for the remainder of the century and up to the present time included new approaches in health promotion, illness prevention, community advocacy and the use of legislation along with the introduction of broad social programs.

Exploring changes in the main causes of death over the past 60 years helps further explain the changes in life expectancy. Reductions in deaths from circulatory system diseases, such as heart disease, were the biggest contributors to gains in life expectancy.

From 1951 to 1981, declines in deaths from infectious and parasitic diseases, and respiratory system diseases were the next biggest contributors to years gained in life expectancy, while cancer survival did not play a part in improvements in life expectancy. However, from 1981 to 2011, longer cancer survival contributed to a gain of 0.8 years (about 10 months) to the life expectancy of the population.

Gains in life expectancy also occurred because there was a reduction in deaths caused by accidents and violence from 1981 to 2011, contributing a gain of 0.8 years (compared to 0.2 years in the previous 1951 to 1981 period). The reduction in accidents was fostered by various health awareness campaigns and legislation to prevent injury such as making seat belt use mandatory, which contributed to decreased traffic deaths.
          Ninety years of change in life expectancy (1921 to 2011) - ARCHIVED (statcan.gc.ca)

Comment

• Originally posted by wongmb View Post

I cannot comprehend how you cant see the flaw in your "wait and see" approach for kids and teenagers, when you distrust data that are currently available, but rather refuse it due to fear and nothing else.

As for the vaccine report, I can see it coming soon globally, those anti-vaxxed anti-mask crowd can start making their protest signs and banners....

Sorry, but not sure which data that I'm distrusting. I'm looking at the survival rates of kids and teens, which is 99.99+% the last time I checked. Granted, things are changing especially in the United States and more kids are getting hospitalized, so of course I'm open to viewing things differently as the delta variants change the game.

Basically, if the 99.99+% survival rate is true, I don't fear kids getting covid, so then getting the jab is an unnecessary risk regardless of how miniscule it appears to be- now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pudubny View Post

I think what you are saying here are all legitimate concerns. It's not a major issue but Roots column doesn't reflect this nuance. I am still on the fence about Covid passport thinking, I get it if private businesses want to implement it but I not sure about govt mandates. But I don't think it a slippery slope to Nazism.
              Succumbing to totalitarian impulses of politicians for Covid could be a slippery slope to a bad place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Canuck View Post
                Or rather what the heck were we thinking opening our border with the US? 9 Canadian provinces all have lower daily average cases than every US state and the remaining provinces only edge out South Dakota by a tiny margin.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health...ates-1.5051033
                We were thinking this is the right thing to do?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcampb00 View Post

Yeah its surprising, I would've thought for sure it would be the other way around and that the US would let us in and we wouldn't let them in. I guess the boys in tourism or whoever else needs americans, got in the pocket of Trudeau.

Comment

bad idea and very poor timing I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Risky84 View Post

bad idea and very poor timing I think
                      bad idea because it’s fine to fly into Canada but vaccinated Americans driving across the border is no good? I don’t see that logic. Agreed on poor timing - should have done it long ago.

Comment

• Apologies if this was posted already.

Brace yourself for more COVID-19 nastiness

“Nasty fall ahead.”

Those three words, tweeted by the ever-insightful David Naylor, the co-chair of the federal COVID-19 immunity task force, pretty well summarize what awaits us as we try to look beyond the once-hopeful summer of 2021.

The Delta variant poses a new kind of threat to Canadian society – unless we can come together and keep community spread in check
                        Ping G410 Plus
                        Ping G410 3W
                        Ping G400 7W or 3H
                        Ping G400 4H
                        Ping G400 5 - UW
                        Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                        Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                        Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                        Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                          Apologies if this was posted already.

“Nasty fall ahead.”

Those three words, tweeted by the ever-insightful David Naylor, the co-chair of the federal COVID-19 immunity task force, pretty well summarize what awaits us as we try to look beyond the once-hopeful summer of 2021.

https://apple.news/AvWC9xtj1TAqKzu-RwUdtpQ
                          Bad news but a good article that doesn’t sugar coat anything.

Comment

bad idea because it’s fine to fly into Canada but vaccinated Americans driving across the border is no good? I don’t see that logic. Agreed on poor timing - should have done it long ago.
                            With what’s happening in the US right now flying , driving … both bad ideas to let them in, vaccinated or not , if vaccinated people can carry the virus and spread to to us vaccinated and well the others who have decided the vaccine is a bad could create more issues that’s the logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pingeye2_fan View Post
                              Apologies if this was posted already.

“Nasty fall ahead.”

https://apple.news/AvWC9xtj1TAqKzu-RwUdtpQ
                              interesting…. The clear take away is !

“The pandemic is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated. The unjabbed account for almost all cases, hospitalizations and deaths. The unvaccinated are principally split into two distinct groups: those for whom vaccines are not yet available, such as children under 12, and those who are choosing to not be vaccinated.”

can we ship all the adults choosing to not get vaccinated ( anti vaxxers ) to island somewhere where they can enjoy their “rights” and “freedoms” until they deem its safe to get the jab?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	0720B5C8-263F-4090-9786-DFB62F9349D3.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	3425460
                                Ping G410 Plus
                                Ping G410 3W
                                Ping G400 7W or 3H
                                Ping G400 4H
                                Ping G400 5 - UW
                                Ping Glide 3.0 54/14 WS
                                Ping Glide 3.0 58/10 SS
                                Gamer: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K One (Evnroll gravity grip)
                                Back up: SeeMore DB4 Nashville (303 milled)

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X