Collapse

The Panic over the CoronaVirus [ Covid -19] is both Ridiculous and Unjustifed

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lipw87 View Post

most big box stores in burlington are similar. i walked in and immediately walked out of fortinos. local grocers were fine. i'm not stocking up just wanted some things for over the weekend. beer store was empty.
    Our grocery store was still pretty well stocked and wasn’t that busy when I was in at 7pm. Employees told me that had that they didn’t recognize many customers today. We’re about 2.5 hours north of the GTA.

One also told me that someone stole all the toilet paper in their washroom.

Comment

• Originally posted by steveooo View Post
      Wal-Mart Bowmanville.
      Zero bread products AT ALL
      No butter
      most soup gone
      Zero yogurt
      most oj gone
      Zero toilet paper or paper towels
      chips about 4/5 gone
      It's beyond ridiculous
      But 1/5 stocked. That would have saved wifey and I.

Comment

• Doing more reading tonight, I have to assume that over the last 36 hours, with all we’ve seen occur so quickly, we’ve still not even come close to the worst that’s going to happen.

I’m not an alarmist, conspiracy theorist or a guy who panics (I actually remain quite calm in emergency situations) but nonetheless, I think beginning Monday it’s going to be mighty different for us here in Ontario.

Comment

• My family and I left for Florida on the 4th which was just over a week ago and it feels like a year ago. We will return Saturday as planned and stay put for 14 days. Can not believe what has transpired in a week! I do realize we are nowhere near the bad part either.
          Odd part in all of this is that the small
          school my kids attend which is private has decided to stay open after March break and not close for 2 weeks like every other school in Ontario. Granted there’s only like 50 kids but I think it’s irresponsible behaviour.
          Mine will be home in isolation with us regardless but this is the type of reckless behaviour that leads to making bad things worse in my opinion.
          Driver: yup..5 of those
          3 Wood: 'bout 4
          Hybrid: few..couple of tour issue
          Irons: Too many but AP2 for now
          Wedges: Lots
          Putter: A016836

Comment

• Originally posted by Blassy View Post
            My family and I left for Florida on the 4th which was just over a week ago and it feels like a year ago. We will return Saturday as planned and stay put for 14 days. Can not believe what has transpired in a week! I do realize we are nowhere near the bad part either.
            Odd part in all of this is that the small
            school my kids attend which is private has decided to stay open after March break and not close for 2 weeks like every other school in Ontario. Granted there’s only like 50 kids but I think it’s irresponsible behaviour.
            Mine will be home in isolation with us regardless but this is the type of reckless behaviour that leads to making bad things worse in my opinion.
            My kids are still not back to school and likely not until April at the earliest. So in preparation I ordered lots of stuff online to help keep them busy. Some individual projects like models and I commissioned my daughter to paint a few pictures (she's an aspiring artist). But I ordered a few 3000 pcs puzzles including a world map one so we can ask questions about countries and cities. A Shanghai skyline one as well. I'm sure you can get NY or Toronto. I haven't done puzzles since I was a kid, amazed how much we enjoyed. Lots of trivia, reading, cooking and limited TV. They can still go meet friends but are limited in places to go. But when we knew the kids were not going back to school it dawned on us that they would need lots to do. So we and the neighbours ordered dozens of items and we have exchanged plenty as well (like the puzzles, board games). Something to think about if you are quarantined with kids.

Comment

• I found this clip very interesting. I wonder if those who are in China can confirm what is stated here. It sounds reasonable and is certainly not what is happening in North America.

Comment

• Originally posted by pendlebg View Post
                I found this clip very interesting. I wonder if those who are in China can confirm what is stated here. It sounds reasonable and is certainly not what is happening in North America.

This was one of the comments in your link

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."- FDR

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."- JFK "

I don't take responsibility at all."- DJT
                "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

I found this clip very interesting. I wonder if those who are in China can confirm what is stated here. It sounds reasonable and is certainly not what is happening in North America.

OMG, this clip, while excellent IMHO, is nevertheless brutally shocking and disturbing, WOW !!!

Comment

So keeping family members in isolation together is a bad idea. Too late for wife and I.

Comment

• call out to retired docs

VANCOUVER — British Columbia’s call for recently retired doctors to return to work if the COVID-19 pandemic worsens is spurring other provinces to make similar emergency preparations, says the registrar of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia. Dr. Heidi Oetter said the college has emailed hundreds of physicians who left the job within the […]
                      "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened "

Comment

• Is the concern over the COVID-19 virus still ridiculous and unjustified?
                        This isn't a dress rehearsal. Enjoy yourself. There's no do-over.

Comment

• that Twitter clip is brutal common sense.
                          Why would you home quarantine and expose the rest of your immediate and sometimes complete family that includes grandparents if you are the potential infected member? I'm sure there must be a guest house for Sophie available.
                          things change

Maga Lies Matter

Comment

I assume it's the Donald McNeil interview on MSNBC. I haven't been to a testing facility but I do know their is one set up in the local hospital in the parking lot. But as I stated in the other SARS thread, you cannot enter a public building without having your temperature taken. Malls, subway, bus as he stated. Also when you return home it taken at the gate to your compound. All visitors to your compound must register or scan their phone and have temp recorded. Even the pubs which recently reopened record all this info or no service. But it's actually more than that, they scan your phone using Wechat(Chinese facebook/Twitter app) So they have enormous tracibility. So if somebody is discovered to have had the virus, they can retrace their steps for previous days and send a message to every person who was in the same areas as that person. They can easily find super-spreaders that way as well. But, that tracking is not legal in the west.
                            As for treatments and isolation, I don't know anyone who has contracted the virus so I'm not sure the process buts its in line with what I hearing through people who are dealing with it and what's posted online in China.

Comment

• Excellent summary article on the similarities and differences between Covid19 and the flue by a former CDC director:

There are similarities and differences between Covid-19 and the flu, but we know much less about the novel coronavirus. As we look at what happened in China, and what’s happening now in Italy, it’s easy to adopt a fatalistic attitude that “there’s nothing we can do, we’re all going to get it anyway.” This could not be further from the truth.
                              In The Bag

Golf clubs

"You're just expected to work and die ...
                              and maybe buy some useless s**t you don't need inbetween"

Comment

• Originally posted by nomullies View Post

So keeping family members in isolation together is a bad idea. Too late for wife and I.
                                Not what he meant, sending suspected cases home until the test confirms positive is a problem. Early on in Wuhan they couldn't test fast enough and results took some time. So they sent people home to wait. They don't do that anymore, you wait until it's confirmed or negative. Negative go home, positive you go to an isolation or treatment center depending on severity. Some are just hotels/schools as he mentions but you are monitored.
                                If you are in isolation (self quarantine is maybe a better description) because you are returning from a infected area, that's the right thing to do but the probability of infection is still low. If at some point either of you are tested and have become positive, you shouldn't go home if the other members of you family are negative.

Comment

Collapse

Latest TGN Reviews

Collapse

PGA Leaderboard

Collapse

Today's Birthdays

Working...
                                X